Saturday, February 27, 2010

Scooped

Saturday afternoon: Mommy, Daddy, Bean and Goobs are sitting in the family room. Daddy and Bean are playing with Lego's. Goobs is chewing a toy caterpillar.


Mommy: "So, things are pretty peaceful. I think I'll run out for a while - go to the coffee shop and write a little. You ok here with the boys?"

Daddy: "Sure. As long as you aren't going to go blog about how I scooped you this morning."

Mommy: (with a surprised look on her face) "Oh, so you are acknowledging that you did that. I thought you were in to much of a sleep induced coma to notice that."

Daddy: "Well, you said you would get up with Goobs. I just took you up on it."

Mommy: "You didn't just take me up on it; you practically shoved me out of bed in the process. I don't think I have ever seen someone roll back over so quickly."

Daddy: "It was 6:30. It wasn't that early and you offered."

Mommy: "Well, obviously it wasn't a real offer. I just said "do you want me to get up with him" to wake you up and let you know that he was up."

Daddy: (laughing) "I know. But you did offer. I totally scooped you."

Mommy: "hmph"

Daddy: (thinking, then says a little sheepishly) "You can sleep in tomorrow. You aren't really mad are you?"

Mommy: "No. I was just surprised that you were so quick to say OK. Did you even consider getting up with him?"

Daddy: (now beginning to feel guilty) "Yes?"

Mommy: "Yeah, right."

Daddy: "You are going to blog about this aren't you?"

Mommy: (smiles, winks, and packs her computer up to head to the coffee shop)

1 comment:

  1. My favorite part is this: "Well, obviously it wasn't a real offer. I just said "do you want me to get up with him" to wake you up and let you know that he was up."

    Which most Saturdays I fall for...

    ReplyDelete