Tuesday, March 30, 2010

All Out of Love

Dinnertime. Mommy and Bean are chatting.

Bean: "Mommy, I think Aunt Rachel is all out of love."

Mommy: (Worried that he has overheard her talking about her older sister's quest to find true love) "What do you mean? She has lots of love. People don't run out of love."

Bean: "No Mommy. I think I need to go to Washington D.C. and give her some love."

Mommy: (Understanding what he now means. Mommy often asks for some "love" when she wants a hug or kiss) "Oh that's nice of you to worry honey. Mommom and Poppop are visiting her right now. They can give her some love so she won't run out."

Bean: "No Mommy. I need to give her the love. Mommom and Poppop's love is old love. My love is special little boy love. "

Mommy: (Trying not to laugh because she knows that her 3-year-old is being very, very serious and he does not like it when Mommy laughs when he is being serious.) "Well, the next time she comes home, you can give her lots and lots of love. Enough to tide her over until her next visit."

Bean: "Mommy, I can't give you any more hugs or kisses. I need to save them for Aunt Rachel."

Mommy: (sighs. how stinkin' sweet is this kid.) "But where will I get my hugs and kisses?"

Bean: "You can get them from Charlie. His kisses are slobbery. They will be perfect."

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute, I don't even know what to say! Tell Tommy I will buy him the biggest truck he can imagine next time I come home.

    ReplyDelete