Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Carrots

Dinner time. Mommy, Daddy, Bean, Goobs, Mommom and Poppop are sitting around the table having Sunday dinner.

Mommy: "Tommy, if you want any desert you have to eat all of those carrots."

Bean: "Oh but Mommy, I don't like carrots."

Mommy: "Yes you do. Just eat them up. Quick, quick before the desert is all gone."

Bean: "Oh but Mommy, listen." (puts his ear to the plate) "Can't you hear them? The carrots are saying 'No! I don't want Tommy to eat me.'"

Mommy: (trying very hard to contain her laughter. Looks at Mommom who is laughing, quitely to herself) "Well, that is too bad for those carrots because I know how much you like desert and unless you eat every last one you aren't getting any."

Bean eats the carrots. Mommy dishes his ice cream and places the bowl in front of him.

Bean: (puts his ear to the bowl) "Listen Mommy. Now the ice cream is saying "I want Tommy to eat me."

1 comment:

  1. Very clever approach! I always preferred the "put your peas on your sister's plate while no one was looking" method.

    ReplyDelete