Sunday, March 7, 2010

church

Sunday morning. Church starts at 11:15. It's 10:45. Bean is distracted with his trucks. Goobs is taking a very long time finishing his 10:30 bottle. Mommy hasn't put any makeup on yet and is still in her bathrobe. Daddy is trying to wrangle Bean into shoes and a coat.

Mommy: (finally gets into the car, dressed and begins applying makeup as Daddy pulls out of the driveway) "It's a lot of work getting everyone ready at the same time to go somewhere. I think I get why people go to the trouble to go to church every week."

Daddy: "I don't think we are supposed to think of it as 'trouble'"

Mommy: "Oh come on. We can not possibly be the only parents that think getting ready for church is a pain. God knows. Even if they don't say it outloud, they think it is a pain to."

Daddy: "Well they must not think it is too bad if they do it."

Mommy: "See, that is what I have figured out. Free child care. 1 1/2 hours of no children and relative quiet. For the first time in my life I am actually hoping that the sermon goes long today."

1 comment:

  1. There's child care at your church?! Sign me up! We have to sit in the back in the "kiddie choir" room and wrestle with the hymn book for an hour!

    ReplyDelete