Saturday, March 6, 2010

I wish

Mommy is in the kitchen. Bean is in the family room. Goobs is sitting in his highchair in the kitchen with Mommy. Bean has recently returned home from a sleepover at Mommom and Poppop's house.

Bean: (with raised voice from family room) "Mommy, can I have some chocolate chips."

Mommy: (also with raised voice from kitchen) "No you can't have any chocolate chips. It is 4:30. We are going to have dinner soon."

Bean: "But Mommom lets me have them."

Mommy: "I doubt Mommom give you chocolate chips before dinner."

Bean: "Can I have a popsicle Mommy."

Mommy: "No, nothing sweet until after dinner."

Bean: (with a whiny voice and much drama) "Oh but Mommom lets me have one."

Mommy: (can see this conversation is going no where) "Uh huh."

Bean: "Can I watch a video."

Mommy: (beginning to hate the nasal sound of her voice when she says the word no) "No you have watched enough tv today."

Bean: "Oh but Mommom lets me."

Mommy: "Well, I'm not Mommom. I'm Mommy and I am in charge here."

Bean: "Oh Mommy, I wish you were Mommom."

Goobs: (looks at Mommy, laughs) "Ma Ma"

Mommy: (to Goobs) "I hope that was a Ma Ma that just came out."

Goobs: "Ma Ma"

1 comment:

  1. The joys of being a grandmother! Sorry, Bean. I don't believe Mum-mum gave you chocolate chips or popsicles before dinner. Not so sure about the video, tho.

    ReplyDelete