Monday, March 29, 2010

Mommy's Fault

Mommy, Bean, and Goobs are at the table painting with watercolors. There are 3 brushes, a set of watercolor paint, a watercolor paper tablet and a cup of water. Everyone is content. Mommy steps away for a moment to answer the phone. She gets distracted.

Bean: (He is talking to himself) "Then the black goes on to make a chimney...then some blue...red.

Mommy: (In the kitchen, only 10 feet away, says to Bean) "Everything ok? You good over there?"

Bean: "Oh sure, sure Mommy. I'm good."

Mommy finishes up her phone conversation. Goes back over to table. Gasps.

Mommy: (The table has been painted. The cup of water has been spilled on the paper tablet and there are gobs of paint on Bean's shirt. Mommy isn't surprised and says calmly) "What did you do? What is going on here? There is paint everywhere."

Bean: "I painted the table Mommy."

Mommy: "Yes, I can see that. You are supposed to paint on the paper."

Bean: "Mommy, you should have been watching me. You shouldn't have left. When you don't watch me sometimes I do bad things. I just can't help myself."

Mommy: "Well, I can't argue with that."

No comments:

Post a Comment