Friday, April 9, 2010

Just Ten Minutes

Friday night. Daddy has just returned home. Mommy, Bean and Goobs are sitting at the table finishing dinner. Daddy comes in. Mommy is looking especially haggard this evening.

Daddy: Hi family, how was today.

Mommy: Don't ask. The most important thing is that today is almost over.

Daddy: Oh, ok. Well, I'm going to go change.

Mommy: Ok, when you come back down I need to run to the bank.

Daddy: (looks at Mommy suspiciously) But it is after 5 on a Friday. The banks are closed.

Mommy: Well, I just need to go to the ATM.

Daddy: Why? Can't you just go the next time you go out?

Mommy: (sighs, is becoming a little frustrated) Well, I need to get milk to.

Daddy: (Now very, very suspicious) But there was almost a full gallon this morning.

Mommy: (completely exasperated now) Ok, fine. If you are going to make me say it out loud then yes, I need to go sit in the car for 10 minutes. Just 10 minutes of quiet is all I need.

Daddy: Ok.

Bean: Can I go with you Mommy?

Mommy and Daddy: NO!

1 comment:

  1. oh alli, i am so glad i am not the only one. i am VERY haggard today.

    ReplyDelete