Friday, July 23, 2010

Video Recorders

It is nap time. Goobs is upstairs sleeping peacefully. Bean is resting on the couch while watching a Bob the Builder. Mommy has finished dishes and such and has decided to lay on the other couch and rest her eyes.

Thirty minutes later, she feels a little tickle on her face. She opens her eyes and this is what she sees.

















Mommy: (Not sure yet if she fell asleep or if she was still just resting her eyes)"Um, what's up Bean?"

Bean: '"I'm videoing you with my video recorder."

Mommy: (Scanning the room to make sure that if she did in fact fall asleep while she was supposed to be watching the kids the house is not on fire and both are alive and present) "Well, I'm very glad that I got that new truck for you this morning so that you could but the box to good use."

Bean: "Mommy, it's not a box. I saaaaaaid it is a video recorder."

That will teach Mommy to buy Bean a truck in the middle of the week for no reason at all, even if it was on sale for $6.

1 comment:

  1. That's a great photo!

    and I have been known to "rest my eyes" while snuggled with the kids on the couch watching "Phineas and Ferb." As long as my arms are around each of them, they don't notice that I'm not quite conscious...

    ReplyDelete