Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Undershirts

Bean has just returned home from an overnight at Mommom and Poppop's house. He is sitting down to lunch with Mommy, Daddy, and Goobs.

Mommy: How was your overnight? Did you have fun with Mommom and Poppop?

Bean: "Yes. But Mommy you need to start putting an undershirt on me."

Mommy: (No idea where this is coming from. The weather is getting cooler, but it hasn't snowed yet and they keep the house at a perfectly comfortable 68 degrees. Bean has never complained about being cold before.) "What? Why do you need an undershirt? You have a long sleeve shirt on. Are you cold?"

Bean: "No. Not now. But that is what Mommom says. She says you need to put an undershirt on me. Mommom say I am always cold because you never put enough clothes on me."

Daddy snickers from his seat and looks at Mommy with a "Hey, I'm staying out of this...it is your family" sort of look.

Mommy: (Loves the fact that Bean tells her everything that goes on everywhere he goes without her, but makes a mental note that Bean tells people everything that goes on when he is not with her and she needs to really make sure she watches what she says) "Oh really. Is that what Mommom says? What else does Mommom say?"

Bean: "Nothing. Just that you don't put enough clothes on me and that I need to tell you to put an undershirt on me."

Mommy looks at Daddy, who is still avoiding eye contact.


Bean: "Mommy, what's an undershirt? Do I have any?"

Mommy: "We could probably find something. Mommom and Poppop are just old and they get cold easily. So, sometimes they think that everyone else is cold as well."


Bean: "Maybe they should put an undershirt on the Mommy."

Mommy: "Maybe they should Bean."

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how funny! Undershirts... My kids are hot-heads and would roast wearing an undershirt.

    ReplyDelete